Yoga poses are by nature extremely relaxing, helping the body to relieve stress and physical tension in the muscles.
After a long day, all one would want to do is have dinner and go to sleep. However, performing some relaxing yoga poses in the evening can help you feel better, sleep better and be more energetic the next day.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at some yoga poses that can help you unwind”
- 1 Best Yoga Poses for Relaxation
Best Yoga Poses for Relaxation
Here we look at some interesting and easy yoga poses that will help you unwind and relax after a long day:
1) Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
This pose stretches your hamstrings and calves, improves blood flow to your brain and also helps relieve chronic back pain. To perform this yoga pose:
- Assume the table pose by placing your hands and feet on the mat. Keep your spine neutral. (Your back forms the top of the table, while hands and feet form the legs).
- Breathe normally. As you exhale, lift your hips up while straightening your knees and elbows. Your body will resemble an inverted V-shape at this point.
- Keep your hands shoulder-width apart, feet hip-width apart and parallel to each other. The toes should point straight ahead. Your ears should touch your inner arms.
- Hold the Adho Mukha Svanasana, and take deep, long breaths. Keep your gaze on your navel.
- Exhale, and bend your knees, returning to the table pose. Relax.
2) Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)